Dear friends, fans and gamers!
The Great Wobo Escape has been out on Android and NVIDIA Hub since October 2015 and thousands of players still enjoy the challenging escape of the fragile robot Wobo. Yet, we are not done improving and updating it. Here is what we have done in the past 3 months and what is still ahead of us.
This is a sort of update that requires a separate paragraph because it is a radical change in the direction of the game. And our team, as well. Why? Simply because the game has been designed with a certain monetization model in mind. In the last update, we have removed all Ads, what will make us short of roughly 30% of income. We believe that the player experience is the most important thing and sometimes Ads were not taken positively. On the other hand, after removing Ads, review scores went up, which is what have aimed for!
Other changes and improvements
Luckily, we have introduced mostly improvements during the last update, with only occasional minor fixes. In summary:
- With removing Ads, the rest of the episode increased in price (from 3.99 to 4.99 in USD/EUR or your local currency equivalent).
- New game mode added – Time Trial – in order to make things more difficult and more hectic, we have set a certain time limit for each level that you have to beat.
- New game mode added – Hardcore – in this mode, all savepoints are disabled and you have to complete a level in one run. This is especially challenging for later levels that are longer.
- Improvements related to audio and music – where and how it is played.
- Minor changes and timing corrections to texts and dialogues.
- Support for future releases and other platforms added.
Our plans for the near future
Our current priority is to release the game in Apple App Store and Windows Store in the upcoming months. We will keep you updated on the release date – once we set an exact day, you’ll be among the first to know.
Our backers from Štartovač.cz campaign still have access to the iOS beta version and are free to play it. The game is ready. Except about a half a dozen minor bugs (all iOS specific) and some planned improvements. Contact us on email@example.com if you wished to play it early, too.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Matej & team gamifi.cc games